Sunday, June 24, 2012

Loss

RIP Ty
It has been a hard week.  Our beloved Aussie, Ty, came down with Anaplasmosis, a tick borne disease passed by the deer tick.  He was very sick and didn't make it.  It has been hard as he was our clown and always had a smile on his face.  His older "brother" doesn't seem to miss him so that is good I guess.  No more new dogs for awhile for me.  I love my Australian Shepherds, we have had three so far but since Tex is content I will let him be an only dog.  He is going on 10.

Husband was cutting hay so my dirt for my garden raised beds has been put off again.  Priorities you know.  I will be so happy when they are done.  It is hard to wait.

I am working five days between last Friday and through Wednesday.  That is good, gets my mind off things.

Today I planted three variety of zinnia seeds and a packet of cutting sunflowers.  I also hauled out cardboard and got the third and fourth raised bed frames situated.  Just now need dirt.  My poor plants I bought for them a month ago are tired of their pots and starting to rebel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Ty. It's hard losing a pet - it's even hard for me when I lose a hen! We have an Australian Cattledog, Jack. He's 13 now and a very good dog, and smart (sometimes too smart)! Glad you have Tex to ease the loss.

    ReplyDelete