Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garden 2013






This years garden is progressing slow but sure.  I have no access to a tiller so I have just reused the raised hills I made last year, the four boxes of course which are fabulous and a cattle panel for my peas.  I have decided that since my husband really doesn't like to help with the garden (hence the tiller not working...only can grind corn and chip wood so I suspect this is his way of saying he doesn't want to do it) to go strictly to raised beds.  I have built four more and am in the process of smothering the rest of the garden to kill the weeds.  I will then lay down fabric weed block and then bring in a load of dirt like I did last year.  It is a slow process but will be worth it come fall/2014.

This spring was long and cold and wet so most things got a late start.  All but my raised beds though.  I am sold on those.  I have been eating out of it for over a month already.


No comments:

Post a Comment