Sunday, July 8, 2012
Aftermath
Last night we went to the lake. This normally chilly lake was pretty darn warm. Of course I didn't think to bring a swim suit but that didn't stop Tex :). He was swimming around and doing his usual splashing and biting water.
Well my garden has disappeared under a blanket of weeds. Yesterday morning before work I weeded two rows. Today I did a third and hoed one of the paths. Also watered although you can't tell. I watered on top the weeds on the row I did today because nothing was pulling out. Well, all that water went who knows where as the dirt was dry under the weeds. I also lost half my onions. Either I pulled them out or the dried up and died or were plucked out.
I also found my straw mulch scattered everywhere yesterday morning which was the last straw (unintended pun I assure you) for my last three roosters. All my hens have been stolen by the resident fox and that coward of a critter won't eat a rooster so I had three and no hens. So I asked my eldest who had come home for the weekend to "dispatch" them. He did. No crowing at 3:30 am which was strange but no one is complaining. It has been oddly quiet all day. No rooster fights etc. Even with it just being the three of them they couldn't get alone so gone with you! I feel bad for them, they were good birds as in talkative and not mean in any way towards people but...well, they are roosters and a PIT...butt!
Now I can clean, scrub, disinfect and move the coop to its new spot and move my new birds in. I need to price some fence which I was going to do tomorrow but now I am working.
My tomatoes in the pots are tipping over so I need to get something to anchor the cages down. I think I'll go get some bamboo rods for them. Three each should do I would think. I gave them a good soaking today. I have some nice tomatoes coming and I can't wait to taste them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Busy, busy, busy.
ReplyDelete