Monday, August 26, 2013

Steam Show Part Deux




The grounds that the steam show is held on is a permanent grounds for it.  It is a farm and also a bit of a history museum.  There is one "street" with a house, gas station, hardware store etc. all moved in and left to visit.  I love this sort of thing.  I love history.  But the log cabin is my favorite.  Such simplicity in this age of ridiculous abundance.  I long for a simple and orderly living space.  Perhaps not this sparse but open and filled with beautiful things I love.

The bedroom looks just like my "studio" room which is a catch-all junk closet that I am slowly cleaning out once again.  Being a bit of a hoarder I have a lot of "stuff".  My husband is a hoarder too but his is more outdoors or in the sheds, barn or basement.  He'd have his stuff in the house too but I reserve that space as mine :).

But yes, that bedroom...looks just like our's when the boys were in the one we are in now.  We put rooms upstairs and they moved up there and we got their 12'x14' room and my queen sized bed back.  We had been sleeping on a bed just like the above with wire for the mattress and a board on top of it as it was saggy.  For several years.  Ugh.

And the paint is the same color.  Underneath it is a deep dark red!  Can you imagine a 10'x12' room done in a dark blood red?  Me neither!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment